Thursday 1 June 2017

Muse Challenge #218 - Happy Birthday Ardyth

The current challenge at Muse is from Ardyth:


Choose your 'Muse' from any card that I've made and play along.
You can choose from my Instagram Feed or my blog MASKerade or my Splitcoaststampers account (hint, I've been on IG for about a year, my blog goes back 5 years and my SCS feed goes back more than 10 - if you go way back, you'll find definitely find something to make you smile, laugh, even!)



Well, it sounds easy enough right? There are hundreds, well maybe thousands of cards on her blog. I went to Pinterest and pinned oh maybe thirty different cards, I was inspired by and I wasn't even close to being done. I had to draw the line somewhere! Ardyth - I really love your work.

Here's her card (tag) posted here


I was inspired by
  • Christmas tag
  • colors
  • dove
  • sparkled thin line

Here's my tag



I inked up the front panel of bristol card with distress inks (tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans). I carefully spritzed with water (carefully - because the first time I tried, I guess I added too much water and the tag, basically turned white!) to add some splotches. I trimmed the panel to 2" and used Stampin' Up's Ornate Tag topper punch to make the tag. I also cut a plain white tag. For the dove, I used Penny Black's Peaceful Wishes die. I added some Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer. I found a scrap of silver sparkle paper, cut a thin strip and adhered towards the bottom of the tag. I found some silver ribbon to adhere the two tags together. 

Thanks Ardyth for all the inspiration you provide us with.

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful love how the background makes your dove stand out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag, love how you have done this. Beautiful colour and die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.